Funded by the Grotta Foundation, this project supports the Lifelong Elizabeth initiative of Jewish Family Services (JFS) of Central Jersey in a study of health outcomes and factors associated with the senior citizen population in the City of Elizabeth.
Since 2016, the Planning Healthy Communities Initiative has assisted with:
- The development and analysis of an online survey
- Providing technical assistance to JFS planning of focus groups
- Compiling and analyzing socioeconomic and geographic data into a series of maps in both English and Spanish
- Assessing the suitability of public spaces for older adults
- Creating a combined comprehensive transit map for seniors